1. Who is your dream client? Copy

This topic is all about who you’d like to work with. By that, I mean the people you imagine will be buying your online course(s) and the people you’d like to work with one-to-one.

This is really important.

Because while it can sometimes feel, at times of financial hardship, like ANYONE AT ALL is your ideal customer/client, as long as they pay – this isn’t true.

You get time-wasters.

And I’m talking both with your courses, and your one-to-one work.

I learned this the hard way after signing up 15 women through the first Robora one-to-one programme.

It was fantastic to do a big launch and to secure about £16,000 in a week – especially as this was just before lockdown, so I had my work sorted during this very uncertain time – but I didn’t properly vet the clients.

Mostly, they were absolutely amazing. Women I’ll stay in touch with for a long time, and who I’ll continue to support.

But there were a couple who weren’t the right match for me.

I don’t want to talk unkindly behind their backs, so suffice to say: I should have been clearer on my ideal client, and done more homework.

It turned out that 12 of them were my ideal client – but three weren’t.

We made an agreement on a 50% reduction on the fee, for the work I’d already done, and parted ways.

I didn’t want to spend my time working with people who weren’t ready or able to listen and take action.

Who is your ideal client?

Why don’t you give her/him a name.

Definitely an age.

Where do they live?

What do they do for work?

How much do they earn?

What is their relationship like with money and investing in services like yours?

What are their interests?

What are their values?

What are they looking for help with?

Start to map out the perfect client for you. And you don’t have to ever share this with anyone, but it will help when it comes to your messaging. If you are clear on who you want to attract, your blog and social media posts will be written for them.

Visionboard your dream client

When I was speaking to my mindset coach, Juliette Kristine, about one of my courses, she suggested I had a think about who I’d like to attract. And then suggested I do a visionboard so that I was really clear on who this course was for.

I did it online, in Canva. It’s free to set up an account, and you can search for visionboard templates. Pick one that you like, then source images of people who look like your dream client, and that relate to their work/interests/personality/lifestyle etc – and upload them onto your board.

Here’s my ‘dream course participant’ visionboard for one of my courses…

And I also had a detailed list of what I imagined course participants to be like. It really helped me to both create the right course, and market it to the right people.