2. Pixels and landing pages

Listen to this topic here:

Pixels

If you don’t know what a Facebook pixel is – well, it’s the pixel that enables all the targeting and tracking features in Facebook ads. If you’re going to be using Facebook ads, it’s essential that you have the Facebook pixel set up.

To get that working, first you’ll need to create a pixel code (see link below on how to do that). After that, you’ll need to install that pixel on your website.

Now, if you’re a little confused about all this pixel business, I would highly recommend that you ask your web developer to do it for you. It’s so important to get this right.

You can select the ‘email instructions’ option (see the link below) and tell them you want your pixel installed on your website.

You want to add the ‘pixel base code’ to your website, but you also need ‘events’ set up so you can track the things that matter to you – like when a purchase is made, or someone ‘adds to cart’.

Our website is WordPress but we also use Woocommerce. We had to add the ‘base code’ to WordPress, but Woocommerce is one of the integrated Facebook partners, which makes setting up the pixel easier.

You can check if your web platform is one of the partner integrations by clicking this link (below) and hitting the ‘use partner integration tag’.

Here are the Facebook instructions on how to create and install a pixel: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/952192354843755?id=1205376682832142

Landing pages

When people get to your sales landing page – direct from Instagram, or your website, or Google, or some press you’ve had, or a Facebook ad – you have this one chance to sell your course to them. So this page is really important. And if you set up an ad, see people clicking through but then not purchasing … there’s something wrong with it.

I’ll talk you through one of my landing pages (for this course)…

1. At the top: the title of the course. Then an image of me and Rich, as we’re leading it, and a short paragraph about what we’ll be teaching you. Ie. What you’ll get out of it. Under that, there’s a bright orange ‘call to action’ button. So now people can click through and purchase. Or read on…

2. A video, with some testimonials that we’ve been given about this course…

3. Another option to click to purchase, and a written testimonial…

4.  A jargon-free recap of what we cover in the course…

5. An extra box, just about the Facebook ads training, as this is what a lot of people sign up for…

6. Another testimonial. And the important details, broken down into short snappy bullet points…

7. Some press mentions we’ve had for the courses – so an ‘As featured in’ section (gives some kudos/recognition)…

8. Lastly – about us. People often include this much higher up. People are most interested in what your course can do for them. But may be interested in your credentials, so do introduce yourself lower down…

And that’s it. The sales landing page. Quite simple. Not too much repetition. Plenty of opportunities to click through to purchase. It was built in ‘Beaver Builder’ – a plugin for WordPress. But later, we’ll talk about clickfunnels landing page templates too.

Ps. Do have images on your landing page. I’ve seen quite a few courses recently that look interesting but there are no images bringing the words to life, and it puts me off purchasing. It makes me think the course is going to be a bit boring. You can also have a video introducing your course.