This online course will show you how to make your own online course, utilising the skills and knowledge that you already have...
As featured in
- Complete this course in your own time (around work or kids)
- Turn your existing knowledge into an online course that you can sell
- Use your online course to lead customers to your more expensive services and products like one-to-one coaching/consultancy (as part of your sales funnel).
"I loved your course and it was just what I needed to push through my doubts… I’ve made back the course fee in double within the first two days and already planning the next one!" Natalie Costa
"I’ve sold nearly 100 spaces on my course. Your weekly nudge on getting tasks done on the Facebook group was all the push I needed. Also, the motivation from all the other women – their drive and passion towards their individual projects was everything! I just didn’t want to fail and you took that burden off me! Your tips and tricks – EPIC! Thank you! Thank you! I feel empowered." April Laugh
This online course will help you to come up with your course idea, or fine-tune an existing one. It will help you structure your learning materials with video and text, and teach you where and how to host your course, price it up, market it and sell spaces.
And you’ll have access to my closed Facebook group for continued support and to get feedback on your ideas from a supportive community of like-minded people. I’ll also be there to offer tips and set challenges to push you towards your goals.
"Thank you Annie for the ‘creating your online course’ course. I have done other courses that have covered online course creation, but none like yours. I love the clarity in your courses and easy to implement exercises." Sam James
Here’s the course outline
Module 1: What should my course be about?
You probably have an idea about the kind of course you’d like to design but before you get started, there are some important considerations, such as:
- What experience do you need in order to offer this course?
- How niche should it be?
- What should it be called? (We’ll look at SEO and course names that lead to sales)
Module 2: How do I create the content?
This module is about the actual course content. It will cover structure, length (word count), words/video/imagery and including exercises to get course participants engaged. I’ll share the various options for feedback or whether you’d like it to be a self-paced course, to minimise your involvement.
Module 3: Where and how should I host my online course?
There is a basic and free way to launch your course, to trial it, rather than investing in a swish new website. I’ll share exactly how I did this. Then we’ll look at deciding a price; price point is really important. Next, how you’ll collect the course fees and the legal stuff: T&Cs, privacy policies.
Module 4: How do I sell spaces?
So, you’ve got the course ready to go. Now how do you sell the spaces? I’ll walk you through…
- Timing the launch
- Your sales landing page
- Using social media to sell spaces
- PR tips
- Facebook ads
- Repeat custom
- This is an online course.
- You can start whenever you’re ready.
- It covers 16 topics.
- There are exercises, advice and tips that you can access whenever you like and work on at your own pace.
- It costs £125 (you’ll make this back in no time once you’ve launched).
- You’ll have free access to my closed Facebook group (only people who’ve taken a course have access), where you can network with other freelancers and business owners, and get exclusive tips and advice.
- You’ll have ongoing access to this course (for a year), so you can keep dipping in and out.
"Annie Ridout’s course and very generous feedback [in the Facebook group] is off-the-chart valuable – worth every penny. More in fact."
Sophie Purser, Black Velvet Styling
“I’ve just done Annie’s amazing first module around online courses and it’s sparked loads of ideas.”
"I have just completed your online courses training. I have done a few others from other people and it is interesting to note why yours is better, yours are really simple and clear, other people waffle on and I give up on them. I took a lot from it and plan to make an online course straight away."
Who am I?
I’m Annie Ridout – author of The Freelance Mum, freelance journalist (inc. Guardian, Forbes, Grazia, Telegraph) and I run this online course business.
My online courses utilise my knowledge and expertise and are now my main source of income. I'd love to help you turn your skills into a course too.